Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly when you apply for a job or post an open position; information we collect about you when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, use our services, view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources, such as third-party partners, data providers (such as identity and background check services), and affiliates (where permitted by law).
Information We Collect Directly From Job Candidates
We collect information directly from you, including personal information, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, apply for a job through our online product, register for an email subscription, create an account on our Sites, update your profile on your account, request information from us, or choose to complete our surveys or questionnaires (either online or paper). We may collect this information from you at different phases of the employment search process; in other words, you may submit certain limited information when you create an account with us; additional information to apply for a position; and if hired, you may submit additional information. Specifically, when you register with one of our Sites or our Apps, we will collect your name, email address, and mailing address. We also will request that you create a username and password. If you would like to apply for a job through one of our Sites, we may ask you to complete a questionnaire regarding your qualifications. You also may have the option of posting a resume. The type of information that we request from you may depend on the Site and the job at issue, but may include, where permitted by law:
- Name, email address, and postal address
- Date of birth
- Phone number and/or mobile number
- Facsimile number
- Company name, job title, company website
- Driver’s license number
- Social security number
- Ethnic origin
- Products/services in which you have expressed an interest
- Biographical information, such as employment history, educational history, or any other information that you choose to submit to us
- Information that may be contained in a resume that you choose to voluntarily submit to us
- Information related to any prior convictions
- Additional information requested by a potential employer
We collect only the personal information from you that you chose to provide to us. If you chose not to provide certain information, however, then we may be unable to provide you with all of the features of our online product, such as applying for jobs. In addition, if we (or the prospective employer) accepts your application, then we may request additional information from you so that we can conduct a background check or determine employer tax credit eligibility, as required or permitted by law.
Information We Collect Directly From Employers
We collect information directly from you, including personal information, when you visit our Sites, post an open position, create an account on our Sites, update your profile on your account, request information from us, or choose to complete our surveys or questionnaires (either online or paper). The following are examples of information that we may collect from you:
- Name, email address, and postal address of contact person
- Username and password
- Date of birth
- Phone number and/or mobile number
- Facsimile number
- Company name, job title, company website
- Open positions within your company
- Bank and/or financial information, such as information necessary to complete a credit application or submit payment for invoices
Information We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Sites or Use Our Apps
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you, either individually or in the aggregate, from other sources, such as third-party partners, affiliates, our clients and job applicants, and social networks, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Usage patterns regarding visitors to our Sites
As a job candidate, you may also may provide us with your information by connecting your LinkedIn account to your Site or App profile. If you connect your LinkedIn account, you will be asked to enter your LinkedIn login credentials and we will ask that you grant us permission to collect information from your LinkedIn account, including your name and contact information, education background, and work history. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public through your LinkedIn settings. Any third party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you. PrideStaff is not responsible for the accuracy of the information we collect from other sources.
Information We Collect About Prospective PrideStaff Franchisees
We collect information directly from you and from third party sources, including personal information, about you and your spouse or domestic partner when you express interest in owning a PrideStaff franchise or if a third party refers you to us as a prospective franchisee candidate. The information we collect includes:
- Name, email address and postal address
- Phone number
- Financial information, such as your credit score range, income, savings and retirement savings
- Credit score range
- Employment history and status
- Prior bankruptcy filings and criminal convictions
- US Citizenship status
- Other information you provide to us, such as why you are interested in PrideStaff
Information We Collect Through Our Other Products and Services
In addition to our staffing services, we may provide candidates and our employer clients with other products and services that may collect personal information. These products and services include our timekeeping services, candidate experience surveys, and our work order posting platform. Depending on the products and services you use, whether you are candidate, client, or as an employee of a client, we will collect:
- Your name, email address, username and password
- Employee identification number
- The days and hours that you work
- Available shifts or assignments you select to work
- Responses to survey questions
- If you are an employer, the work orders or available shifts you post
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
Job Candidates and Other Visitors to Our Sites
We use the information that we collect about you for several purposes: to submit your application for an employment opportunity; to notify you of potential employment opportunities; to facilitate your hiring if your application is accepted; to fulfill your requests for services and products; to fulfill your requests for information about our services and products; to sign you up for our and our clients’ newsletters; and to inform you about the latest product developments and other information from us or from our business partners that we believe would be of interest to you. Specifically, we use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To submit a job application to a prospective employer
- To conduct a background check
- To determine employer tax credit eligibility
- To create and manage your account
- To enroll eligible job applicants into the PrideStaff Benefits program
- Where permitted by law, to provide you with notifications on available jobs, customized offers, newsletters, and information about our clients’, business partners’, and our own products and services
- To manage our Pays to Have Friends job referral program
- To provide our timekeeping services for our employer clients that utilize this service
- To enable a prospective employer to process the necessary paperwork so that a new employee can begin employment
We use the information that we collect about you for several general purposes: to fulfill your requests for services and products; to fulfill your requests for information about our services and products; and to inform you about the latest product developments and other information from us or from our business partners that we believe would be of interest to you. Specifically, we use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To determine tax credit eligibility
- To create and manage your account
- To fulfill your order for our services (including payment processing for invoices)
- To process your credit applications
- Where permitted by law, to provide you with customized offers, newsletters, and information about our products and services
- To manage our Proud to Refer client referral program
- To provide our timekeeping and work order services
Potential PrideStaff Franchisees
We use the information that we collect about you to operate our franchise program. For example, if you inquire about operating a PrideStaff franchise, we will use your information to assess your suitability for owning own of our franchises.
For All Site, Apps and Service Visitors and Users
In addition to the uses described above, we also use the information that we collect from you—whether you are a job candidate, employer, prospective franchisee, or just visiting our Site or App—for the following purposes:
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or candidate satisfaction purposes
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns)
- To develop and provide products and services tailored to your interests and to better understand how users access and use our Site, Apps, and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
- To enforce our terms and conditions and otherwise manage our business, including, where we believe necessary, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
Sharing Your Information
Job Candidate Information
We share job candidate information, at your request and direction, with prospective employers. We also share job candidate information, after you have consented, to third parties for the purposes, as applicable, of conducting background checks and to determine whether the employer is eligible for tax credits. Once a candidate has been hired, we also may share additional information with your employer for payroll or other administrative functions. We also share identified candidate satisfaction and experience survey results and responses with our employer clients.
If your employer uses our timekeeping services, we will share your information and activities within the timekeeping system, such as your time entries, with your employer.
Work Assignment Information
If you utilize our work order app we will share with your employer the assignments and work shifts, you select or are available to work, your location and scheduled work site arrival time for your scheduled work shifts, and job satisfaction surveys you complete.
All Personal Information (Job Candidates, Employers, and Other Visitors to Our Sites)
We may disclose the information we collect about you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
We may disclose the information we collect about you to our vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Sites and Apps or manage and administer Events.
Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may disclose the information that we collect about you to non-affiliated third parties, such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. Those third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you. We also may combine the information that we collect about you with other information that we obtain from third parties. This information may help us to determine what advertisements to direct to you, to place on our Sites and Apps, and where to advertise our services. As discussed in the advertising section below, you have the right to opt out of certain uses of your information. You also have the ability to opt-into the receipt of certain information from us and non-affiliated third parties. We may share your information to respond to your choices. We also may share your information for the following reasons:
If we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to another entity, as applicable.
In Response to Legal Process
We also may disclose the information we collect about you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
To Protect PrideStaff and Others
Aggregate and Anonymized Information
We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
We may send you promotional email messages if you request to receive promotional information from us via email. You may stop receiving promotional email messages by following the information contained in the email message.
Job Applications for Positions with PrideStaff
In addition to our online product, we also will collect personal information through our Sites for open positions within our own company. Candidates for positions with a PrideStaff company will be required to submit their name, mailing and email address, phone number, job history, and a resume. When you apply for a job with a PrideStaff company, we use your information only for the purpose of fulfilling your job application with a PrideStaff company. We may share your information with third parties to process your application or to conduct a background check, which may include a credit check.
Updating Your Personal Information
You may modify information that you provided to us when you created your account (e.g., name, email address, user ID, and password) by logging into your account or you may contact your local PrideStaff office.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
Do Not Track
Currently, our systems are unable to recognize browser do-not-track requests. You may opt-out of certain tracking, however, by manually adjusting the settings on your browser as discussed in this section. You also may opt-out of targeted advertising as discussed below.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser, App, or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Sites or Apps. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites and Apps.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity and to display advertising both on our Sites, Apps, and services and on third-party sites and mobile apps.
- Third Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Sites and Apps, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Sites and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. These third parties are required to use your information in accordance with this Policy.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Sites; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart, will not function if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies
We and our third party service providers use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and mobile app pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Sites and Apps to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site and App usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Security of Your Information
We want the information that you submit to us to be secure. We use commercially reasonable techniques and precautions to safeguard the information that you provide to us through our server. Notwithstanding our commitment to your information, please be aware that there is a risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or privacy of any information that you choose to submit to us.
User Generated Content
Portions of our Sites permit users to submit their own content for blogs or to respond to blog postings. PrideStaff is not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to submit through a public forum, such as a blog, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings. Any information that you disclose becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
At times, our Sites and Apps may contain links to other third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites. You should review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
Our Sites, Apps, products and services are not intended for use by children. PrideStaff does not accept job applications from children under the age of 13, and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty days for a response.
We will post changes to this Policy on our Sites and. Changes will become effective upon posting. If we make a material change to this Policy, then we will highlight that change upon posting.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this Policy.